View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2011, 17:02 (Ref:2948944)   #23
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Castroneves is a sort of Mears of our times...he is tied for many years with Penske and it's a simble, like Mears was in the 80s...I don't see Castroneves out from Team Penske before his retirement...

In my opinion, the best chance to see Alesi qualified in the 2012 Indy 500 is if the next year situation will be similar to the first years of 2000s, with only 33 cars to try the qualifycation and with no (or at least one) bumping...if the situation will be similar to this year, with 6/7 bumped drivers, I think that a driver that is 47 nad is almost 10 years that is retired from racing, and with 0 experience on ovals. has 0 chance to qualify...

About 33 cars for Indy, I thin that the rumor thant said the engine manufacturers want to supply more than 10 engines for next year is intended for the full season...I think that for the Indy 500 they would make an exception...

Pagenaud/Newgarden lineup is exciting also for me, but two rookies (Pagenaud is almost a rookie) in the same, small team?