Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2980823)   #227
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moving right along.............back to the subject!!

Time to nominate Senna's best win(s)
For me I can't split Estoril '85 & Interlagos '91.

At Estoril Ayrton was literally on another level to the rest, first win, lead every lap, over a minute lead, drove through the same pools of water that sent many others spearing off (at a slower speed!).........just sublime.

At Interlagos Ayrton held off the threat of 2 superior FW14s whilst battling gearbox issues from 2/3rds distance..............then, those amazing final 6 laps when he locked it in 6th gear & dragged the MP4/6 around a slippery track....on slicks.....& held out Patrese.
Have never seen Ron Dennis so animated after a win!!

I'll also throw in Monaco '89, where Ayrton drove the first stage of the race at 'Prost's pace'. Then when they strike traffic, Senna hits the afterburner & disappears. From half distance, with a 50 second lead, more gearbox issues leave him without 3rd or 4th (or both) but changes his technique & retains a handy gap, leaving Prost clueless to the problem.
The Master of Monaco!

Now remember, there is no wrong answer to this question. It's each to their own & 41 choices.