Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2998669)   #248
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bob View Post
I think if you want to throw the blame at any 'brigade', I suggest you start with the financially motivated 'Series of Champions' owners AND drivers....
If they were 'true' champions, would they not have shown some regard to the motorsport loving public of New Zealand by showing up in their current cars to provide a more exciting spectacle for us all?
Most of their current spec cars are still in their possession and the dates do not conflict with the 'World Series' of Super Tourers' that only provides racing to the public in a limited portion of New Zealand....
To the other extreme, Inky has provided the finance to run his cars at every meeting for a number of years whether he has been behind the wheel or not. What right has anyone got to imply that he for-go the chance of cleaning up the Aussie 6hr championship to add one more face at Ruapuna? So get off his back....
Motorsport in NZ needs more Inkys - People that actually care for the sport....

MSNZ has done a lot of things wrong, but without them I wonder how many up & coming young drivers or non-elite classes would receive any TV coverage - and will someone let the media know that the support classes don't end with the Utes and little Suzuki's...
So the current drivers and cars arent an exciting spectacle?
Trouble is old_bob, it costs the best part of $100-$200K to do a season in the NZV8's competitively, I know a lot of the drivers would like to be out there but unfortunately money doesnt grow on trees. A lot of the drivers that you are missing do not own the cars they drive, a lot are leased and/or have a backer providing the gear.
Excepting the lower half of the Sth island, the supertaxis will visit the same regions as the Teir 1 show, whats the issue? It is unfortunate that they wont be down to the deep south this year as they truly have some of the best fans in the country, tracks arent bad driving either but whos to say they wont be able to come down for 2013, esp. if teretonga get their pits upgraded.