Thread: Le Mans Classic
View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2011, 12:47 (Ref:3002206)   #40
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Grid 1 ,you can get most things in and the HRG obviously got in by having the correct owner as that was the only correct thing about it.Can't see it being back.

As for 911's.Quite believe the TA 911 story as Patrick Peter runs a big business and if he has a customer that wants in he finds a place.Sensible person.

Know about one of the other in 2010 as it was mine and it replaced my 904 that coughed and died three days before the event.

Trouble about both being let in so won't be many next year.

Simon,Thought you knew all about Woodgood.They do find cars at the last minute and if you are a big owner you can be asked if you have cars with problems to change it for something about correct.It's happened and is to be expected as they want full grids.You will have to go to LMC one day to see what its all about.

As for history of cars I am sure both Goodwood and Le Mans have both had Adrian Newey specials that are not quite what they were in the day,It happens.

Overall its no big deal at either meeting.