Thread: Le Mans Classic
View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2011, 22:15 (Ref:3002459)   #43
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Quite agree Rudolf,only the French! I had no idea you owned that HRG,been involved with the Bluebell-Gibb's car for quite a few years!

HRGs are a religion, more than Astons.
The Betty Haig HRG was on offer in Switzerland for quite some time.
I watched it but never moved to buy it.
One day the advert was gone and only then did I realise how much I wanted it and rued the missed opportunity. I was miserable.
It appeared to have sold at the Retromobile.
When the advert reappeared shortly after, I wasted no time, turned out that the prospective buyer had reneged on his promise and would not pay.
Luckyly this episode wore out the dealer to the point that he dropped his price to be shot of it.
Never looked back...
Love Story with a tragic episode and a happy ending....

We must take this back to LMC:

JR is rigth frogs can get almost everything accepted in G1
I remember the Aston LONG CHASSIS that got in in 2008, looked very funny on the track...
And last time a Lagonda M45 T7 tourer, as much as I like old Lags, that wasnt much of a racecar either.

But to say something positive.
When we did the first fake Le Mans start at LMC in 2006, I had a Bugatti 37 next to me.
Wen we "sprinted" across the track, the driver ran, stopped, stooped in front of his car, all in one fluid movement, hand-cranked it, jumped in and drove off.
very stilish and very French, had me impressed

Rudolf

Last edited by Rudernst; 20 Dec 2011 at 22:21.