View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3397082)   #141
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can only speak for us lot in the UK here, but we aren't told when to blue anybody. We are given a "picture" of race progress over the radio from RC but are expected to use our judgement.

It's easy to blue flag incorrectly. A momentary lapse of concentration, an incident, cars with similar liveries, cars in unexpectedly high track positions, pit stops can all contribute.

In my earliest days as a marshal I was told that if I didn't throw the blue away in disgust at least once during a meeting (any meeting!) then I wasn't trying hard enough. I've got better at it since, but still make the occasional mistake.

But if I do, usually there's three blokes and a dog watching rather than 300 million people!