Thread: Beijing thread
View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2006, 13:05 (Ref:1763396)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It is a shambles, as someone has already said.

On the other hand I don't think it is fair to blame the FIA Delegate, Charlie Whiting. From what I can gather, the very private way the Chinese go about these things is to do their own thing until the last possible moment, in this case yesterday morning, when the FIA inspection immediately brought the problems to light.

In the political world of motor racing, the A1GP people have to go through the motions of thanking the Chinese for their efforts in seeking to resolve the problems, but I bet that underneath that veneer they are absolutely seething.

The only good thing than can come out of this mess is for the Chinese to realise that if they really want to become part of the world of motorsport, then they must in future forget their secretive ways and do things as everyone else does. It's a tried and proven method.