Thread: 1st Crash
View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2129974)   #30
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My first and only crash was back in 1999 in my trusty Pug 205. I loved it at the time, but the experience of owning gradually newer cars over the years have since made me realise it was cr.. rubbish..

Anyhow, I was turning out of a minor road into a major in said Pug, but it was an industrial estate, so everyone had their boards out advertising their wares. Because of this I got mis-sighted. An unlucky split second. I did all the looks that I had been taught, but when I pulled out the first I knew was a bang and glass dancing across my bonnet. Funny thing accidents, you get a slow motion effect. Anyhow the guy wanted to knock my block off and tried to sue me for the damage, but his damage was minmal, mine was much worse. Funny thing is I saw him driving his car with the damage unrepaired two weeks later.

Being such and old car I managed to get a replacement front wing brand new for 20 quid. Luckily I worked for a car dealership at the time who used a hydraulic ram to pull out the footwell and sprayed the new wing to match for nothing.

I've always driven responsibly, which hopefully is a testament to my currently clean licence, although I am a fan of motorsport. The meaning of that sentence may not seem apparent, but my meaning is that these 'chavs' in their tricked out whatever like to cane it, but I find motorsport fans know that racing is racing and the road is the road.