View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2003, 13:21 (Ref:688138)   #21
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the 500's haven't been invited this year, I'm currently on the blag for a mechanics armband from some Junior friends, so I'll probably do Friday and Saturday somewhere in the plebs paddock.

The official rule on clothing is period-only in the posh paddock (where the really expensive stuff is, and for which you need a pass or competitors armband), and some enclosures. If you plan on spending any significant time in the infield (posh or plebs paddocks), I would strongly recommend making an effort. Apart from feeling part of the atmosphere (and of course not looking like a slack-jaw in any photo's), you will also get a far better reception from competitors if you try to have a chat with them (or was that just us being snobbish?).

The emphasis is on effort more than accuracy. A trawl through your Dad's (or Grandad's) wardrobe should turn something up. At the very least, a decent modern jacket (navy or tweed, just make it low key) & tie shows some willingness, and will get you by with a lot less embarrassment than jeans & T-shirt.

So if you're coming into the paddock (through the road tunnel before the pits), do please make some effort, and don't let the side down, dear boy!