View Single Post
Old 2 May 2010, 01:28 (Ref:2682943)   #100
Road America Fan
Rookie

United States
Road America Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
I didn't hear the entire statement clearly, but the paraphrase it that when the first set of tires came off Danica's car, one of the rear tires (presumably right) was worn down to the cords.

Since there were no other tire issues mentioned in this race, other than the added marbles from the softer compound this year, it's pretty likely that Princess Sparkle Pony's car was handling like a pig from poor setup.
You are right about the rear tire, I was listening when they mentioned it. This is why I said "Why is it so hard for her to convey what the car is doing to her engineers?" It's not like anyone on her team had just graduated from UTI and hired to work on her crew and then made a mistake in the car setup. These guys have been employed in the industry for a while.

So did the weather between qualifying and racing this weekend make this drastic change to the car setup? Not very much, otherwise most of the drivers would have had similar issues throughout the race.

Any other driver can wear out a tire in that fashion and it would never be mentioned unless it was a top five driver or the track itself that was actually causing the problem.

If it did come down to poor car setup on the teams part maybe AA is over extended. That would be a shame. I grew up watching Michael race and was always a huge fan of the winningest driver of his time. To see him start up a team, include his son and be successful only to settle for sponsor money from you know who is just sad.

Sponsor money. Maybe in another thread.