View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2835253)   #29
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
mountainstar, I do think in the beginning running both will weaken both, but the current cars just can't keep going in the state they are in. It's already hard enough to attract sponsors to motorsport, but trying to pitch cars to them that are as old as the NZV8s are is so tough.

On top of the "look" of the series is that the parity can't seem to be sorted with the current cars, a fresh platform hopefully sorts that.

A little bit of forward thinking has to lead you to thinking the SuperTourers is the right option of the two, think 5 - 10 years down the road, the SuperTourer would still be viable and current, where as the current NZV8's would be terribly out of date
Oh I definitely think V8 'supertourers' is the way to go for the future, I just don't understand why it's not taking over the shell of NZV8's. All along previously I thought that was going to be the case. The new chassis would come into effect and the old cars could run in a second level series. If NZV8's continues in it's current form for a few years, I think this new series is going to have a hard time getting off the ground. Especially with the economy and other issues.