View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2005, 01:32 (Ref:1454864)   #84
Jacal
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Jacal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a competitor in a support category can I say that the organisation was fantastic, compared to a V8 round where you get d......d around due to their own self-importance. It was easy to move around the paddock and get on with your own thing without having some officious person obstructing every move. Events ran on time and to the full allotment unless it was due to our fault. Unlike V8 events I've attended in the past where the entry fee was double what it was for this event, and then you lose 1 race and time off other sessions because they run overtime.

It was good to see a good size crowd there and I hope it stays at Eastern Creek, as a circuit to drive on, it's made for open wheelers. Vision is pretty good and you can see more of the track from one position than you can ever see at a street circuit (I've been to Indy, Adelaide, Melbourne and Bathurst as a spectator).

can I also say that Turn 1 at EC is awesome and to get round there in the car with no room left on the exit makes me smile for the rest of the lap, (atleast until we come back down the straight again and start thinking about going through it again. Motor Sport is dangerous, it says so on your entry form, your licence, your ticket and your insurance policy, but imo it is still safer than driving to the track.