View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2007, 14:57 (Ref:1898635)   #61
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechna
I agree that Ekström won because of the good strategy, but the Audi´s also were incredible fast this weekend on this Mercedes-homeground. If they can hold this performance over the year, they will have good chances to win the championship. Especially on the twistier circuits like Oschersleben...

Man of the day is of course Paul di Resta, but I disagree if you say without the bad startegy he would have won. He wasn´t even close to the frontrunners at the end. With good strategy I would have expected him on 2-4. But never forget: The lighter 05 cars are very, very fast on straights, something that could be seen even last year (but the drivers sucked completely) and is very important at Hockenheim. I predict the two-year-cars on low grid positions at Oschersleben.
According to my (to be honest, not extremely well developed) knowledge of fysics, I think that not weight but aerodynamics and enginepower are the most important factors for top-speed. Weight is more important in cornering and (especially) braking and accelerating. I don't know if the newer cars have more power than the old cars, but if that is not the case, than old cars should work best on tracks with many short straights after slow corners.
Having said that, I don't think the weightdifferences are that large, if you consider the power and the high-tech nature of the cars.