View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2011, 02:45 (Ref:2943920)   #157
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Guys, do you think we could actually remember that PG has most definitely put together some VERY competitive cars LONG BEFORE he ever had an ownership stake in a series? For one, the IMSA GTS Oldsmobiles were certainly no slouches against the factory Nissan 300ZX-Ts.

And come on guys, the RSR Jags have been coming along quite nicely of late. Wasn't it at Mosport where one of the cars stayed in touch with one of the BMWs for 35 laps? And before somebody complains about their drain-pipe restrictor, Mosport is mostly high-speed turns. There is just ONE long straight there, so you're NOT going to keep a good, consistent pace at that track without the handling being there somewhere.

Alright, now then, I could have done with fewer ad breaks on ABC, but the main incidents/battles were shown, so fair enough. Also, I did have the Vuelta a Espana to turn to while the commercials were on.

P.S. I think there was something up with the Forza 4 display on the broadcast (both today and online yesterday), as the other clips I've seen look quite a bit better. I don't know if it was shown on a bad screen, or shot with a bad camera, but that wasn't an accurate showing of visual quality as far as I can tell.