View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2005, 06:50 (Ref:1432377)   #68
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike, there is a lot of space on the infield at Snett. Plenty of room for the run-offs required. It has long been under-used, the occasional big meeting to turn it into a campsite. The earth bank along Revett is indeed for spectators, but also to help keep noise in and as Terry says, to stop the market lot seeing the action (albeit from afar) for free!
The grass area behind the bank up to the market perimeter fence will be the car park I guess. I was there Monday, the digger was busy finishing off the earth bank at Sear end. Great days agree Terry. I too remember the F5000 incident. I also remember sitting in the Esses stand in 1967 (at the later named 'Bombhole') when a Mini got it wrong, barrel rolled along the road to Coram. The driver emerged unscathed from his inverted car, threw his helmet down in a rage and kicked the Mini - hard - to great applause! Fuel was pouring from the filler cap all over the road but no fire luckily. The driver then appeared to collapse. It Turned out he broke his foot kicking the car!