View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3373622)   #45
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Haha, good one! I was aware that the National Guard does sponsor racing teams when I wrote my post above. That is why I talked about ownership and not sponsorship. If I remember correctly it is out of their recruiting/advertisement budget. Same budget for of TV adds for recruitment (Join the Army!) or local or state funding for tourism (Come vacation in Florida!) I think there can be a defendable and measurable argument for how that money is spent. Now if the National Guard was to own a team, that would be a much harder thing to justify. Particularly the money black hole that can be "team ownership" and especially F1!

Richard