View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2014, 16:46 (Ref:3373686)   #46
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Overall, I think F1 is a poor place to spend public money. But I guess things are going well in Romania economically and that is usually when projects like this get the go ahead.

Richard
i cant say i find it odd at all. i feel just the mention of gov't backing makes their chances of making the grid much better then the bid of an established race organization....actually as i type this i immediately notice how the reality should be the opposite way around but its F1 and the sums required are so huge that only gov't backing is going to make it happen.

and in fairness is it really a bad investment? Ferrari have Abu Dhabi, Mclaren has Bahrain, and Merc have the Saudi's money. granted these are three established brands but still successful investments nonetheless.

also it should be said that im a believer that govt subsidies of sports is a good thing which of course is different debate and one where there is lots of evidence either way.