Old 13 Apr 2011, 02:54 (Ref:2862724)   #126
Spiller
Rookie

Australia
Geelong
Spiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR93 View Post
Shouldnt be any data logging if you ask me... go back to racing without computers!!
Thats a great idea - expecially if you like rebuilding or replacing motors every second round.
Data is brilliant because you can see what the clown in the car is doing on downshift (or if bad enough upshift) - and you can keep an eye on your mixtures and warnings. I've seen guys driving with oil pressure lights on for seconds at a time let alone just watching a gauge (if the light fails). Mixture gauges would be no good for half the drivers out there, although not critical on EFI - never say never. You could have fuel feed issues and hole a piston - Data allows you to examine post race and make sure the guy in the seat is doing what he/she should be.

Intesting pricing an LS7 at $13k US too. Was that advertised online As I can only see the pricing around $16k without freight, wiring and accesory drives etc. maybe it was GBP that you were looking at - if not, let me know where, I know some people looking for these things.