Thread: Which class?
View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2007, 01:02 (Ref:1815376)   #33
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
Oh no they are not! Remember the Forced Induction Equivalency must be applied where applicable to provide the 'true' capacity of the engine!

Yes, I see. Although they're all under 2 litre, as they originally had forced induction their original class would have been over 2 litre.

ANYWAY, we have a solution. Nottingham Sports Car Club and the Midland Speed Championship run championships with classes that differ slightly from MSA regs. Martin Pickles of Notts has emailed me to say he's happy for me to run in class 1c, and I've just sent an email to Midland Speed champs to see if they'll do likewise.

Both of these championships run a true standard class it seems. The MSA/HSA regs allow cars like this Lotus Elise in the production class
http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/aldon.asp (scroll down to the Elise for sale piece. This car has the type of roll-over bar I'd like to run, must get in touch with the guy). Under Notts regs I reckon it would run in their Roadgoing Production class for Road Modified cars which conform to L11, which is just what I am looking for.

Fingers crossed that I am reading all this correctly, thanks for your help guys and hope I bump into you at the events sometime.

I'll be the one running a black MX5 in the class with all the Evos and Imprezzas etc.