View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2001, 12:21 (Ref:127090)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Minardi - Minardi Works...

An article in autosports reported that Minardi, while preferring the use of a year 2001 Ferrari or Cosworth engine, could be in a healthy position to produce their own engine in house!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!! Sauber tried but gave up...Arrows tried by financially involved with HART...cocked up too...and the tiniest team Minardi is going to do it? The engine is well under developement and according to Paul, capable of 800bhp... *gasp*

I dont doubt Paul, but i think its hard for them to get off the back of the grid with their own engine. Toyota, with full testings, 3 year developement and huge budget had difficulty matching the mid field teams... Does Minardi have a secret? Moreover, Minardi has limited testing times due to small budget...they cannot even develope their car consistently...so isnt the engine project going to overtax the team?

I'm just concerned...yeah...i love to see a Minardi Works...but i'd prefer to see them higher up the midfields first!

GOOD LUCK PAUL!