View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2008, 11:49 (Ref:2101119)   #54
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 11 - WHT - Progression race

Race 10 was for Ginettas and since there is/was no historic content in them (yet!), I'll move onto the Progression Race!

A bigger field than the earlier Sunday Storm race, it nevertheless contained some who had been in that earlier race. I won't try to explain this ...... because I can't without making my head hurt! Where are you Ian?

These were taken on the outside of Becketts at the beginning of the Club Straight and this was, I have to be honest, not a 'spectator view' since I had signed on at race control as 10-Tenths rep. and got myself an armband. The race was a walkover for Oliver Roberts in his Swift SC92S (110). He won by 9.2 seconds from the Van Diemen RF88 of Nigel Thompson, with John Murphy a further 5.5 seconds down, 3rd in his RF99:-

Roy Macgregor was 17th with his RF82. Difficult to believe how old some of these cars are, but at 25 years old, definitely a historic:-

Nigel Thompson's second place RF88:-

Steve Mellish in his RF89 was 7th:-