View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2008, 11:19 (Ref:2105831)   #60
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 16 - WHT Semi Final 2

Thank you, Terence; it was getting kind of lonely in here! I'd love to get to Spa although I might have to go more than once since, sacrilegious, I know, but I quite fancy going to the 24 hours as well, the one area of modern racing I still have a particularly strong interest in!

Gavin Wills (Van Diemen RF00) won this semi by just over 4.5 secs from James Nash (RF92) and Peter Barrable (Ray GRO5).

Well the members stand was reasonably well attended, anyway! Here Matt Taylerson (RF92) leads Chris Hodgen (RF90) but the latter got by eventually to take 25th by 4 tenths:-

Behind the two above was an even bigger battle between 5 cars of considerable age difference, although they were a little more spread out at the end. Derek Rodgers (53 - RF91 - 27th), leads Westie Mitchell (21 - Merlyn Mk20 - 30th), Nigel Dolan (115 - RF86 - 29th), Stuart Thorburn (5 - RF91 - 28th) and Colin Wright (52 - Merlyn Mk 17 - 31st). This picture tells the story of the development of FF1600 over the years and whilst the newer cars, as you would expect, are, by and large, quicker and more effective, they seem to have gradually lost the aesthetic quality of the earlier cars. Or, is that just me, showing my age!:-

Higher up the field, and destined to scrape into the final, Bob Higgins (61 - RF90) and Louis Di Resta (RF90) finished 16th and 17th:-