View Single Post
Old 24 May 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3078603)   #2456
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I would support one prototype class in the series. However, I do not know if the Scott Tucker's in the class would.

Hypothetically speaking, this would be a pretty good class next year

IMSA Prototypes
0 Highcroft Racing Delta Wing Nissan
2 Libra Racing Radical SR-10 Ford Ecoboost
5 Muscle Milk Racing Oreca FLM09
05 Core Autosport Oreca FLM09
6 Muscle Milk Racing HPD ARX 03b Honda
06 Core Autosport Oreca FLM09
7 Merchant Services Racing Oreca FLM09
8 Merchant Services Racing Oreca FLM09
9 RSR Oreca FLM09
16 Dyson Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
18 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09
20 Dyson Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
25 Dempsey Racing Oreca FLM09
27 Dempsey Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
37 Conquest Racing Morgan Nissan
52 PR1/Mathiasen Racing Oreca FLM09
54 Black Swan Racing Lola B12/80 Honda
055 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX 03b Honda
95 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX 03b Honda

The class would be cheaper to run than DP's and give teams a shot at the overall glory.
That grid, all-pro cars (aka the Muscle Milk car and maybe the PR1 Mathiasen car if the drivers get reclassified) get 25kilos of ballast would make for a delightful show.

Either IMSA needs to stick their neck out and create an exciting, fast, loud replacement for the struggling P1 grid or do something like that. Two or three cars in the big class does make for a black eye, especially when it is occurring year after year. I'm the biggest ALMS fan-boy I'm aware of and even I am getting tired of the lack of numbers up front. P2 is great, but it would be nice to get ultra-ultra-ultra-fast cars back where they belong (on the grid - and wearing IMSA decals, and being quicker than ACO P1, ideally).

Chris