View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2739083)   #2509
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
I don't what you guys in the States see for ALMS advertising but up here in Canada you get little to nothing. I work in the construction industry (and yes our banks have kept things quite busy up here) which is mostly comprised of immigrants from Europe and or their children, most of which have never heard of the ALMS, but they have all heard about the Indy and F1, and Le LeMans in any form is some vag notion. Indy comes to town and its all over the news and talk radio, even the Evening news covers the race results. ALMS and the local news? They don't bother to cover it because almost NO ONE in Canada knows what the hell it is, thus it's not news worthy. This year will be my 4th year going to Mosport for the ALMS and the irony is when I bought my tickets back in 2007 I thought I was going to a Can Am race (which I attended once before as a little kid), I saw these fancy cars on the Mosprt home page and bought tickets. And what a great time my Son and I had. After that I was hooked and began to read up on the series. Now I regularely come to this web site and a few others and you know what I've learned, Ignorance is Bliss. If ALMS wants more people to get into their brand of racing they have to advertise it more. Canada is an untapped market. So many of us go back to Mosport every year because we are really into racing and ALMS is all we have here (quite frankly the Honda Indy sucked-sorry guys but it's the trueth).
Canada for the next stop on the International Cup!
Absolutely nothing. I live an hour and a half away from the site of one of the biggest races on the calendar, and not so much as a billboard on I-75 springs up. Racing doesn't seem to be nearly as popular here.