View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2990755)   #403
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
It doesn't seem like the organisers are explicitly discriminating against Mal, or his operation.
It seems as if they've taken issue with the car he's elected to run - which seems fairly reasonable, given the age, and nature of the package.

That package has a novelty factor overseas. Foreign organisers evidently see benefit in allowing the package to enter because it provides foreign variety.
That novelty is lost here and, more importantly it's available at multiple other events throughout the year.
Thats how I see it too, Im sure if Mal wanted to run the Nissan GTR then there would be no problems at all.

I got no problem with Holden or Ford V8s in the race as long as they are production based. If a V8 Supercar team wanted to enter an SS or an XR8 then hey bring it on, I'd love to see that.

Speaking of which-it would be nice to see another Holden Motorsport entry like the Sportswagon, anyone heard anything?

Fingers crossed for Mercedes involvement, Im sure the lure of beating Audi is a strong one...