View Single Post
Old 21 May 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3077296)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Working as I do in the motor-trade where people are prolonging service intervals etc, and leaving MoT testing until the last minute in a vain bid to save money leads me to believe that some unscupulous individuals may be tempted to offer their aged next door neighbour £50.00 for the rusting Morris Minor in his back garden, so they can drive it around, without the cost of keeping it safe & road-worthy.*
(*This is of course, just my opinion, but one that I am perfectly entitled to have )
If you read the article properly it does say that all cars still need to be roadworthy, there are plenty of MOTd cars ne and old on the road that are not, the MOT is only a certificate of roadworthyness on the day It's issued. As there are ever increasing VOSA and police roadside check points I don't think you argument holds water as I'm sure these vehicles will be increasngly targeted, not that you see many on the road anyway.