View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2632459)   #251
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I agree. I just hope that if a single chassis is decided upon, the IRL includes the provision for both future engine and chassis manufacturers to be able to take part, economic factors permitting, rather than having a closed shop.
I think if they go the same route with tight regulations and have a single make formula it will be more of the same. Same as in putting everyone to sleep. It will not stimulate a flow of manufacturer dollars nor a flow of fan or business interest to generate the Tv ratings, ticket sales and sponsorship. We need competition. There will be winners and losers but that is the only way to develop some interest.

Having a field full of batmobiles isn't the answer either. Still a single spec. However I'd be open to a compromise to let that in if there was a compromise on the regs. While delta wing is innovative, I don't have confidence that is the way to go. As a driver I would not want to be booting around at 200 mph in a tail heavy tricycle, ground effects aero or not.