View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2022, 22:13 (Ref:4107544)   #2207
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm always very suspicious of anything that Mr Horner says and often wonder what the real issue is that he's hiding behind his story.
Although I can see the possibility of problems I'm also wondering if he's angling towards a raising of the budget cap as he is also mentioning the increased costs. (Let's face it, they've already had a few expensive engine failures this season. )
Freight delays and costs are a genuine concern at the moment - although it is possible that current delays and costs MAY ease through the year, depending on which logistics view you take.

This article in Autosport before the Oz GP has information from DHL on steps taken to ensure that team gear got to Melbourne and also the eye-watering cost increase.

This article in Autosport quotes Gunther Steiner saying similar things to what Horner is saying now.

I think that it's a very real concern, both from a cost perspective and also a time-risk perspective. Horner merely the latest to either be asked about it and respond or to identify the potential issue.