View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2442238)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I use Firestones - have some [can't remember which] on my road car, whatever they are they're on List 1A and fuelsaver ones. The rears have been on the car for two years now [around 35000 miles] and the fronts needed replacing after 22 months - not bad seeing as they've been used for "more gentle" motorsport events [eg Car Trials, grass autotests] but also for sprinting. Rears will need replacing in a month or two now though.

Also have used Firestone F580Cs which are actually van tyres, also used for rallying because they had to be tyres on List 1A but they have reinforced sidewalls. Also used Colways when they were the control tyre, and about to order up a load of Sportways but never driven on them so not sure what they're like, or how they'll last with wear etc.

Worst tyre setup was when I bought the car - different manafacturer's tyre on each corner - Michelin, Nyang Kang [sp?], and a couple of others!