Thread: Rumours Vettel to Ferrari in 2014?
View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3152135)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For some reason I don't really understand, I don't believe that Vettel is a "finished product" yet (as opposed to Kimi, who is a Finnish product).

I don't see him as a proper Number 1 driver. As Knowlesy said up thread, he's got it all at RB - which means all he has to do is drive. He's not, so far as I can tell, in the Schumacher mould, helping to motivate/run the team and providing engineering input into the car's design (although maybe those days are gone now anyway).

Sure, he's quick, but right now he's got everything right where he needs it. I'd like to see him have to struggle at least a little, and see how that affects him. If you were to put (say) Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel in a car which was just not quite 100% right I would lay money on Vettel coming off worst.

Here's a theory for you though: 3 car teams, which Ferrari seem supportive of. You wouldn't want a single No 1, would you?