View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2023, 12:49 (Ref:4185980)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's not just vision deficiencies that are a problem when one gets older, Gordon; you also need to factor in reaction times and awareness of one's surroundings. Those two seem to be fairly major failings with the elderly.

One reads so often about elderly drivers not being aware of where they are, driving around in circles - remember the driver that spent something like 24 hours driving around the M25 thinking that they were somewhere else - and not forgetting those who find themselves driving the wrong way on motorways.
Agreed Mike, at the moment I have to keep my wits about me as one minute I am driving a different car in a different country and 3 hrs later it all changes, my vision is very good and I don't wear glasses, I still drive fast but am aware of things up ahead. Although my insurance premium has gone up solely through age I have never been involved in a RTA.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !