View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3296510)   #22
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Whatever you think though, you must acknowledge that those behind NGTC need applauding. They have created a rule-set which has allowed such a variety of teams to create cars and be, to varying degrees, competitive.
And why is that? Because of the daft, ever changing turbo regulations! No, I'm not Shedden or Plato, but that's the simple truth of the matter.

The thing that really annoys me about NGTC is there is absolutely no incentive to build a strong car, like Honda have, because you just get penalised for being "too competitive" with reduced turbo boost levels.

You might as well enter a shopping trolley with Jeremy Clarkson as a driver, because at some point TOCA is going to give you a performance break that would allow you to be near the front...it's like Alan Gow spins a wheel of fortune before the weekend to determine who is going to be competitive this time.

It just makes the series look a bit like a joke, if I'm honest, and it goes back to what I was saying about the BTCC having no international credibility or reputation any more.

Plus visually, NGTC doesn't do anything for me. The cars wallow through the corners more than an old American muscle car, and sound awful thanks to the turbos...

I honestly think they've gone the wrong way with the regulations. The last time the BTCC tried to go its own way with regulation, with the BTC cars, it was a disaster.

I used to love the BTCC, and these days it just frustrates me more than anything. It is all a bit too gimmicky these days for my liking, and would much rather see the return of the Super Touring type era, where the best driver/car combo won races. There was no success ballast, no reversed grid races, and most importantly, no stupid turbo boost adjustments either!

[/soapbox]