View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2726236)   #96
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
The safety car cost them, I am told they had a 26 second lead when it came out but that is something that has to be factored in somehow, you are always at risk of safety car intervention. Running the bio fuel seems to cause them to have to carry more fuel and so it takes longer to fill the larger tank. This is where they will have to put some development I suppose.

I agree about the downside of LPD but it is his train set and it will now depend on how much he wants to win as a team or as an individual
I am aware of the last safety car period, but its about when your make your last stop in relation to everything else. They had to come in when they did from as far as I can tell. They opted not to do a timed fill, which might have shorten their time in the pits.

As I understand it, IMSA has increased the tank size but also increased flow from the refueling rig, so it really shouldn't take any longer than it does for regular gas powered cars.

This will be a moot point fairly soon as it looks like the entire paddock will be switching to E85.

I'm sure everybody realizes all these rich men who decide to drive the cars they own have every right to do so. That doesn't make it right however as fans to be subjected to "What Could Have Been".

The #45 had two unscheduled pit stops, finished 6th and lost the point lead. Could the #44 have picked up the slack considering the problems with the Falken car? I thought winning these Manufacture Championships were the most important thing in GT?

With 1 competitive Porsche, 2 Corvette, 3 BMW and possibly 3 Ferrari (as the lead Extreme is improving all the time) if continued funding can be found for the #61. The Falken car is competitive but its fairly early to expect them to challenge for victory just yet, I think if the Championship gets tight, a 3rd FL will appear...