View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4177910)   #54
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Sutton about half a second off the pace in both FP1 and FP2. When this kind of thing happens I wonder if they're testing various setup changes. I'd be surprised if lack of hybrid was making that much difference.
I think they may have been experimenting, but it could also be the way in which the Ford Focus makes its laptimes, perhaps mixed with the lack of hybrid and/or a lack of a tow.

As has been the case all season, the Ford Focus is not that quick in the speed traps/in a straight line - this is arguably where the regular (and IMO misjudged) calls for "reduce the boost" all fall flat on their face. The Focus seemingly makes its time in the corners (and some of that is the skill/bravery of the driver behind the wheel - Osborne isn't a terrible driver but look at where he has been all season). With Silverstone's long straights, perhaps the Ford just isn't working as well. Sutton has historically had a lack of form at Silverstone as well.

In terms of speed traps at Silverstone:
- In FP1 the Fords were 11th, 17th, 19th and 22nd at I1 and 20th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd at the finish line.
- In FP2, the Fords were 14th, 19th, 22nd, and 24th at I1 and 13th, 19th, 20th, and 24th at the finish line.