View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2641195)   #16
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes, that's true. I'm sure someone will tell us why the Hinckley track was dropped, I always thought it was because Mallory couldn't hold a full grid of cars, after all the last few years of Group 1 had seen split races for Classes A&B and then C&D?

Few more preambles about Class A.

Frank Sytner started the season with TWR but couldn't get the car going to his liking, so Peter Lovett returned to the team. TW practiced a 3rd Sanyo car at the Whitsun Thuxton round but didn't race. He was tyre testing as the season was troublesome for TWR even if they did win the class title, switiching from 3 different brands during the year!! They started on Avons which didn't work, tried Michelins and settled for Dunlops I believe?

All this of course played right into the hands of the Capris, particularly Vince Woodman who was unlucky not to win the class overall after a couple of late season Rover induced accidents lost him some vital points.

Last edited by chunterer; 28 Feb 2010 at 11:41.