View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2641377)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good work guys!

From what i've managed to did up so far, Sytner ran as no 19 in the early season, and Lovett returned to replace him. As he won the big class in '81(suspect we'll have to continue our discussion series with 1981 soon....)he must've then ran as No. 1 and Allam as #2 on the cars? Certainly from your entry list they didn't start out like that! TW probably practiced the 19 car.

The red Corolla in WOCCOWAYCER's pics earlier could have been the John Tait car, although I think it was white early in the season.

I have a feeling that a driver from the smaller classes passed away sadly before the Whitsun Thruxton round and their car was either bought or borrowed by someone else, I can't recall who it was.

The list of Mazda's there is interesting as the only one's I can recall actually racing were Nightingale's which I believe was then taken over by Kimpton and Palmer's which might actually be seen in 'WOCCO's' earlier shot in the Maguire thread. (I'll copy it over to here). Apparently they were very difficult and incredibly expensive to run. I also doubt it's a coincidence that privateers found them to be, er herm, entirely different propositions to the cars they had seen dominate the second class in the previous 2 seasons.......

Plenty to investigate and discuss!!

Last edited by chunterer; 27 Feb 2010 at 10:50.