Thread: LM24 Cadillac Northstar LMP
View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3417583)   #18
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For what its worth the engine was supplied by TWR in oxfordshire, it was basically a turbocharged version of the chevrolet IRL engine, I remember the intake system was horrendously bent and screwed up all in the name of a decent aero path to the rear wing.......I remember stumbling upon the CAD data when I wporked at TWR 10 years ago.......I seem to remember that Nigel Stroud was bought in in order to save the project as the R&S efforts were not providing the on-track results, I believe he used his sea of UK engineering contacts, one of them was a well known independent chassis designer based in the Norfolk area, I remember going to his design studio (for BTCC project) and seeing photos of this Cadillac LMP900 that he had in his garden after it was dropped off for evaluation - as you do, I have just dug out my old note books and his name was Jim Router, pm me if you want the e-mail and phone number I have, he was an ex team lotus design engineer who also did a lot of chassis design for VanDiemen, but he may well have been under NDA, so might not be able to talk about it.