Thread: ELMS Race ELMS round 3: Red Bull Ring
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3435529)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you can tell who the 'proper' drivers are through t1 - they're the ones who don't touch the inner kerb at all and carry the speed in one swift motion as if it's a fast corner. the other guys seem to attack it as if it's a slow corner, like the first half of a chicane.

speaking of t1, i realise i should know this but is it 4 wheels over the white line, or 4 wheels off the kerb?

i think the lmp2s are getting a bit squeezed here. the importance of having a good line through the last corner (and the relative lack of grunt in a straight line) is making it really difficult for them to get past the ferraris in particular on the main straight. there's quite a lot of moves happening into t1 rather than in the acceleration process on the straight. whilst it's really quite spectacular, i reckon we might see one or two lapping shunts more than usual during the race as a result. i'm pretty sure it's more pronounced than last year, but happy to be corrected.