View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3278212)   #2158
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Seriously? I understand you've got a certain bias here and I respect that, but the facts simply don't back this up. A glance through the LM winners since 2000 shows the only winning lineup to truly espouse the principle of favouring ex-F1 drivers is Peugeot's winning lineup in '09 with Wurz, Gene and Brabham. They openly talked about how they won by being the relative tortoise to the other Peugeot hares, which kind of puts a lie to the must be able to go flat out all the time business. Otherwise, the winners with F1 race time (I believe) are Pirro, Lehto and McNish. The former really isn't known as an F1 pilot, the latter worked his way into F1 in late life through his top-level prototype drives, which in the current climate is most impressive indeed.

Audi has won the last 4 years running with Timo Bernhard, Romain Dumas, Mike Rockenfeller, Marcel Fassler, Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer, Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish and Loic Duval. Every one of them clearly can run flat-out in a high downforce, high horsepower car. How many of them have raced in F1, exactly?
Exactly....