View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3061164)   #3275
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
In regards to the driver situation, Davidson, Gene and Montangy were all guilty of pulling daft blocking maneuvers at LM last year, though I don't know where Anthony fits in--the only thing I vividly remember as a blocking move was when he out-braked himself while racing Fassler for the lead.

Audi probably would've wanted Ant for their program, but by the time Timo got hurt, Toyota Motorsport snagged him for a part season program. Franck has built up a record for making boneheaded, overly aggressive moves, and though I don't fault him for the PLM debacle (racing accident that probably wasn't helped by the '11 R18's horrid vision), that move still left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, judging by the forum reaction and what people are still saying today. He made quite a laundry list not only at Peugeot, but also AGR (I believe that Martin Spetz called Montangy an a** once), and once you get that bad rep, it can be a while before one can live it down, and when Dr. Ullrich from Audi speaks about something that ticks him off, rightfully or wrongfully, people listen.

Marc has been a fast and consistent driver, and has been excellent at giving feed back in testing and to help develop a car, and a very steady pair of hands is probably what Audi wants for a reserve or temporary replacement driver. He also has diesel and closed cockpit LMP1 experience, and all of that combines to make him an ideal candidate in the eyes of Audi Sport it seems.