View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3055335)   #16
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
MotoGP 2012 - Round 1 - Qatar

It's just hours before the races and I would want to share some thoughts that surely will be smashed during those races. Lol, what's the point of posting here if one doesn't become ridiculously wrong?

First thought is for Rossi. Yesterday Dennis Noyes was was saying we cannot go on more time ignoring the fact that Vale is plainly and painly slow. No more excuses, no more "he is testing new bikes", no more "he has not forget to ride". This qualy he has been grotesque, no more, no less. The point now is, what is happening in VR's mind? Is he recoverable? Has he some chance to become... a contender this season??

Second thought for Pedrosa. Last season he was shattered by Stoner... in a 800cc. He is physically weak so he has trouble with a big bike. I think this is going to be a hard season for him. Don't forget he was considering retirement while recovering from one of his unfortunate injuries...

Last thought for contenders. I think everyone is talking about Stoner and Lorenzo as the true contenders. I agree. At the moment Casey is miles ahead of the others Honda. In Yamaha's , Lorenzo is well ahead of Spies, who has not yet arrived to alien status. I tend to think Crutchlow's excellent qualy is more a fluke than a pattern, but who knows? I expected Dovi to be the main rider in the team. Frankly I don't see Tech3 winning the title, anyway :-) . So it's Lorenzo-Stoner fro me, in that order, with a remote Spies as dark horse. Much of the title will be decided by who has the tech advantage between Yamaha and Honda, I think.

Lol, a final last thought for CRT... I reminds me of the days of F1's turbos vs atmos, they were two categories, really, and FIA gave a "title" for the first atmo :-S . But it was a situation created naturally by the existant rules, not something created by FIA. There are only 12 real MotoGP bikes, and FIM is very worried by that. I understand it is a very bad image on TV, broadcasting the failure of the premium bike category in the world. But CRT is a fake way to solve it, it is more or less like the fake tanks used by Montgomery in the WWII to impress the Germans, except this time we know they are fake ;-). They are about 2 seconds away, and the last riders are... "unimpressive". Perhaps in future races CRT becomes more meaningful, let's see.