View Single Post
Old 30 May 2006, 08:04 (Ref:1622674)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can I bet on the Le Mans 24 Hour race?

I'm not a gambler (in the betting shop sense of the word), but once a year I'll go to my local 'turf accountant' and have a punt on the Grand National. Many of us follow the same pattern. It's a bit of fun and something of a tradition here in the UK.

I know Motor racing is not a big betting arena for the bookies in the same way that horse racing is their lifeblood, but I'd quite like to have a punt on the outcome of Le Mans. It is without doubt one of the biggest events on the motor racing calendar yet it appears none of the online bookmakers even recognise the race, let alone display any odds.

Am I looking in the wrong place or is Le Mans indeed a non-event in the eyes of the bookmakers?