View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1223197)   #15
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can take a Spanish F305, change the engine, tires and race it in England, Euroseries and the international races. The car is ready for it. As for the Ohlins or other shocks, it's the teams that all decided on the Koni when it was said to have it open shocks. So it's as open as you want, but if all the teams decided to go with Koni because they work the best in Spain and have good service, well, that's what they decided. To give you an example, we are currently looking for a engine budget to go to Macau and Bahrain. And all we need is an engine budget, nothing else (except travel off course, but that goes without saying). That goes to show that the car will be more than competitive the way it will race this year.

I see your point and understand that you are not trying to speak badly of the championship, but unlike the past, it has changed it's rules to come into line with the Euroseries rules except for engine and tires. We now have a "real F3" apart from the engine, and guess what, I think that the engine deal is fantastic because it reduce the costs tremendously and you can test like crazy. Isn't that great. So don't worry, I am not upset, but I want to point out that it's a serious F3 Championship on par with the rest.