View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1350792)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funnily enough i was watching an old AMSCAR round from 1987 the other day...

About a year ago i decided to go for abit of a look at what was left. I went in the old entrance (the road is now a driveway for the shops located there, the driveway is lined with pallets and crates) which led down towards the pits only to see the road blocked off halfway down the hill by a dirt mound and a house being built the other side of it. There was a track leading into the bush but who knows where that would have led.....

From that shot it is still amazingly easy to see the line of the circuit, and it seems the run up *****upave (spelling?) Hill into the Dunlop Loop remains, as does the Lake.

Although the dirt circuit was discarded long before the race circuit, would be interesting to see whether the trails remain.

There was a very old thread about Amaroo from a few years ago where member Buckshot went in and took a bunch of photo's, and all he found that remained of the circuit was a toilet block. A search should bring it up.