View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1352261)   #14
Growling Ferret
Racer

Growling Ferret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amaroo, what an awesome place to go to a race meeting. My parents used to take us kids to Oran Park and Amaroo every year from about 1980 until it closed... Ahh, the memories. Amaroo was sitting on the rocks on the hill, choking on dust, avoiding the big ants that bit you, that giant hill to walk up at the end of the day to get in the car before the last race ended to escape the traffic nightmare.

And more importantly, Moffat and Hansford in Styvie Mazda RX7's, Fury and co in Bluebirds, Johnson and Masterton in the big hulking XD's, B&H Black BMW 635csi's and Marlboro Commodores. Sitting on the hill, the cars screamed below, and then disappeared over the hill, to come back at Mazda House 20 seconds later...

I took a mate to his first ever meeting - SuperTourers at Amaroo when it was at its strongest - 2 Audis, 2 Diet Coke BMW's, Volvos, Vauxhalls, Peugeots - it was a magic place to watch! I was lucky enough to run a hillclimb which used about 80% of Amaroo as the circuit in 1996 or 97 - and Mazda House was the best corner ever!

When OP is closed down in the next 18 months, going to the racing won't ever be the same...