View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3287701)   #85
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Just as a matter of interest, if F1 did go PPV, which is a distinct possibility, what percentage of the current viewing audience do you think would pay £10.00/weekend to see the coverage ? As a straw poll, how many people on here would pay it ?
thats over Can$300 a year so not really a competitive price compared to other sports here. although i think Moto GP comes in at around that price of £10.00/weekend so maybe there is precedent.

Can$150-200 a year would be a no brainer for me and i would spend more if the channel(s) offered more in the way of content and if my subscription worked on other platforms.

as for a percentage, i would think if you can get even 10-15% of the current audience to pay £10.00/weekend that would be way way over what the current TV contacts add up too but what the smaller audience would mean for sponsors is another story.

dont have exact numbers but i think the global tv audience is around 500mil a year and F1 generates something like £300mill in tv revenue so even just 5mil people*£10.00/weekend*20 races is 1billion...with that teams wouldnt even need sponsors anymore.