View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1926010)   #1
ooo-arr27
Rookie

England
Bath
ooo-arr27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first day! Combe, 28th May

Nervous - yes, excited - yes, raining - yes! It can only be a first day on the orange side.
I arrived at Combe at 07.45 and headed straight for the sign-on room. I introduced myself as a newbie to which Adrian Fawdington gave a whooop of joy! I was made to feel very welcome.
I was was directed to my post for the day (post G, Tower in). I wanderered expectantly down.
Once at post, I met my fellow post-mates for the day (apologies, I can't remember all your names), as well as my mentors, Mike Skelton and post I/O Nigel Rumney.
The day flew by. There were no incidents to deal with, per-say, save for a number of spins and Pete Diccox using the tyres to slow his approach to Tower! My only on-track action for the day was dusting up Tony Hutchings' oil he had convieniently deposited through Hammerdown into Tower.
Despite the reletive lack of incidents (a good thing?!) I had a thoroughly enjoyable day with a brilliant bunch of guys. Big thanks to the classic drivers for the donughts, and to ALL the drivers for an entertaining day.
The marshalling 'family / community' really shone through and it was well worth getting soaked for.
Having started the day not knowing whether I would like marshalling or not, I left the circuit eagerly anticipating the next meeting!! Horray