View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3338249)   #1
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Maldonado thing...

If someone could justify how anyone in F1 could sign him - yet alone a top team - on anything other than money, I'd like to hear it.

Personally I'd now love to see the entire Qauntum deal to break down completely and Lotus to return to the mid-pack, because this is sums up exactly what is wrong with the current business model of F1, and I think that Bernie needs a wake-up call.

Now Nico Hulkenberg, a driver with arguably the best junior racing CV on the F1 grid, who basically dragged his Sauber to ridiculous positions, outfinishing Fernando Alonso (famous for outperforming his car) and even both Mercs on occasion despite having a car that was slower on race pace, will be left to look for a decent drive... ...for the 4th consecutive season.

...compare that to Maldonado, who somehow didn't get a drive-through penalty for speeding in the pit lane this season, but was still caught up in 3 incidents, 2 that were 700% avoidable and 1300% his fault. After having 3 seasons of complete idiocy and somehow a surprising (but deserved) win, despite the credit going as much to the stewards and the fact the race wasn't 1 lap longer than him.

Despite my faulty maths and the fact I am slightly angry, am I not correct?