View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3338663)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well they did and that's that.

People say (including some journalists) that he's seriously fast and maybe can shine in 2014. Sure he is, he has to be or even the biggest sum of money wouldn't secure a seat for him. He's a professional driver and that bit must be included in the requirements package.

The whole point is the balance between a driver who has enough money to buy his seat in a team like Lotus and a driver who has enough talent to bring the team to a top level. At the moment, Lotus current situation is to fight to stay alive in F1. After that comes all the other "priorities". Will they be able to grab points with regularity like Kimi did ? Will they be able to have podiums like Kimi had ? Will they be able to finish most of the races ? I'm sure those questions were all left behind somewhere through the failure of the Quantum deal.
Everything will change next season and that's the big bet for most of the teams, but right now, Lotus has left the group of teams that have a strong package to be a title contender. I might be wrong, I really can be and I'll be glad if they prove I'm wrong, but only time will tell.