View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3114785)   #2363
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They run ballast anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the pace of P1's if the restrictor size was increased. 1100kg and they still run faster than P2's. Take away 200kg and they may as well be just as fast without the restrictor being increased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Super GT cars? No Thanks.
This just popped into my head:
Is there anything in the 2014 LMP1 regs that says the car can't look like a street car? I know there are aero advantages to the LMP style, but if a manufacturer wanted to race a street inspired LMP in 2014 nothing would stop them on the regulation front.

So if a GT500 (which will be switching to a 2.0litre turbo hybrid engine) fits the maximum car size and all the crash test rules, engine rules, etc., shouldn't they be able to run LMP1?